As a mom, I know how hard it can be some days to fit in the time to make yourself look half-way presentable. That is why, on most days when time is limited, I tend to lean towards more natural, quick looks that don’t take an hour from start to finish. With two small children, a family business, chores around the house, cooking meals, ministries, pre-schooling, and my online business, I consider it a good day if my hair doesn’t look like a rats nest.
This is not an in-depth tutorial. Just a quick guide you may be able to glean a few tips from.
If you are looking for an easy, all-natural look that can be done in less than fifteen minutes, read on.
- FOUNDATION: The foundation I am using for this look is Urban Decay Weightless Naked Liquid Foundation. I really love this foundation because once it is on it really feels weightless and natural, but it also provides excellent coverage. On busy days I just use two drops of this foundation and buff it in, starting from the nose and moving outwards. It is always best to place your brush onto the area that needs the most coverage first, and then move your way outwards in a circular motion – especially if you are not making the time for primer, concealer, etc. This foundation lasts all day, despite my oily t-zone. If you have combination or oily skin, you should try out this foundation.
2. COUNTOUR: I personally cannot go a day without using my Anastasia Contour Kit. It is a cream contour palette with all the right shades for any skin tone. I feel like a lot of people stray from cream products simply because they are used to powder. I always get a much longer wear out of cream contouring products in comparison to powder ones. Application can be done with a sponge like the Beauty Blender, or a brush. I pretty much always use a synthetic brissel brush to contour. For this look, I didn’t do anything crazy, I just softly blended Cinnamon into my cheeks and stippled warm coral onto my cheek bones.
3. HIGHLIGHTER: Don’t you just love the fact that there are no rules with makeup? You can use as much product as you want…I think pretty much all of us are guilty of wanting to use an absurd amount of highlighter…especially one friend of mine in particular ;).
I swept Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal onto my nose, and over my blush. This highlighter is my favorite! It goes on like butter and looks stunning on everyone.
Do any of you have the new Anastasia Glow Kit? What are your thoughts? I’ve seen it in stores and I’d love to know, so please comment below!
4. EYES: Recently I have been loving the new Lorac Mega Pro 3 Palette. Unfortunately, I think this palette is sold out in stores but I will include a link where you can purchase it off of Amazon. It will most likely be selling for an absurd amount since it is limited edition and sold out.
#1 – Cover the entire lid
#2 – Pat onto lower lid
#3 – Foil over Crepe
#4 – Blend into crease with a windshield wiper motion
#5 – Blend over Cider with crease brush and then softly line eyes with eyeliner brush
Fill in your brows, add eyeliner on the top lashline and mascara and eyes are done!
5. LIPS: Tarte Illusion Lipsurgence in Rose Berry
Hope you find this little go-to look handy on your busiest of days!
Comment below with your most favorite quick getting ready tips!